And the good news is that one of my newsletter readers will win it in a drawing to be held October 7!
All you have to do is:
- Subscribe to my “Coffee with Linda!” newsletter (if you have already signed up, you’re good to go).
- Read the book.
- Leave a review on Amazon. I hope you love the novel, but if you don’t, that’s okay. Be honest in your review, and if you have constructive criticism, feel free to include it.
- Send a copy of your review to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Number 4 is necessary in case you choose not to use your name on the review. Helps to know who you are so I can enter you!)
Sorry, but there are restrictions: family and my “Cowgirls of the Ride” team aren’t eligible for the giveaway; and, due to the cost of shipping, the giveaway is restricted to US readers.
I’ll enter the reviewers’ names into a randomizer program and announce the winner October 7. I hope to see your name on the list!
Don’t know how to leave a review?
Someone — who is considerably younger than me — teased me about giving step-by-step instructions for leaving reviews on Amazon. Isn’t that insulting their intelligence? Don’t most people already know how to do it?
Answer to both is no. We who live on the internet already know, but not everyone is cybertech savvy. Believe me, I didn’t know how to do it at first, and there are some distribution sites where I still am not sure how. Some of my blog followers have never left a review of any novel they’ve read because (1) the idea of writing one is intimidating, (2) they don’t know how, and (3) they don’t think it’s important.
So, in answer to #1, just say if you liked the novel, sorta liked it, or hated it and why. The word “review” isn’t quite right. It’s not really a review, it’s the readers opinion of the book. Some people leave reviews that read like book reports, and that’s great. But I love those who write their reactions to the book from their hearts.
Here’s how you can leave a review on Amazon.
- Go to Amazon and type The Final Ride into the search bar (or use my link: http://dld.bz/TheFinalRide )
- Scroll down to the reviews, and find the words “Write a customer review” after the last one. Poke the button.
- Follow the on-screen directions and give it a star rating, then leave a comment of what you think of the novel.
- You can preview your comment before you publish it and edit it if you’d like.
- Let it go live, and know you’ve done me a tremendous favor!
And in answer the thought that readers don’t feel reviews are important, I can’t stress how important they are. This explains it better than I can: