In case you’re wondering, the “irresistibly sweet” part of the title doesn’t refer to me. As far as I’m concerned, it refers to Tracy Ruckman who presented me and my blog with the award. She likes my blog! *Yea!*
Tracy, who has a terrific blog herself bearing her name, is a publisher, writer, and a college student, and owns Write Integrity Press and Pix-N-Pens Publishing. All you who have books to publish, be sure to check out her sites and see if you fit what she’s looking for. Whether you do or not, though, be sure to check out her blog for great devotionals and fresh writing advice.
The rules for the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award are: put the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award badge up on your blog, thank the person/blog who nominated you, nominate at least ten other blogs and contact them to let them know, share seven random things about yourself/your blog. Here goes…
Annie, at Leaning on the Son, a wonderful blog of devotionals and poetry. Always makes me think.
Keaghan Kane, who at 17 is an incredible new voice in the world of writing. She has a writing blog, Whisper Above the Thunder.
Joanne Sher, an incredible and greatly appreciated friend, author of the blog, An Open Book.
Carol Peterson, one of the most encouraging people I know, has From Carol’s Quill, a devotional blog.
Another wonderful encourager is Cecelia Marie Pulliam. Her devo blog is Out of the Closet and Into the Light.
Since I frequently steal from him, I thought it only polite to include Alex Adena. On his site, Signs and Wonders, he often includes some cute/funny signs which I snitch for AuthorCulture’s “Fabulously Fun Fridays.” Like the one here . . .
One of my long-time and enduring friends, Terry Walker, whose birthday is the same day as mine, is one of the best poets around. His blog, Wayfarer Walk, always offers something new and unusual.
What could be more touching than a man in love? Duane Scott, of Scribing the Journey, frequently touches me with the love he has for his bride and family. If only he knew how many times he made me cry.
Eddie Snipes–another author to watch for–shows off his sense of humor and writing style on EddieSnipes.com. Always fun to drop in and see what he’s up to.
Suzanne Hartmann‘s Write this Way is a terrific teaching blog. She hits on all things writing, so a tour through her archives is bound to bring the answers to any question you have.
Now, for the Seven Random Facts, which are about me~~~
1. Last week, I suffered from incredible back pain, lower back and neck areas, and lived on tears and Tylenol for four entire days, one of which was topped off with a doozy headache because, Heaven knows, I wasn’t suffering enough. If you missed me in cyberspace, this is why.
2. During the week last week, I discovered how very easy it would be to drop out of cyberspace entirely and return to the comforting cocoon of obscurity–since I’m basically obscure anyway. The temptation was enormous, but died the moment I got to feeling better.
3. I don’t have a husband who’ll scramble to clean the house when he discovers I’m on my way home, nor do any of my cats struggle to clean their own messes. What I do have is a husband who notices when I’m blue and whisks me away to the local college’s basketball game to perk me up (which worked like a charm) and three felines who miss me so much they barely let me out of their sight when I’m home. In my own little world, I am loved.
4. MSB and I just this moment planned our April vacation. We’re going to the Hill Country to stay in our favorite loft/B&B and take a train ride from Cedar Park to Burnet, Texas, to catch the bluebonnet festival–one of the few festivals I’ll be attending without hauling books with me. If you’re wondering why my post is late (again), this is why.
5. I went five straight days without coffee. Five. Gotta be a record.
6. I have a weakness for Hot Tamales that rivals my love of chocolate. Red Hots or Hot Tamales–offer me either one of those fiery treats, and you’ll have a friend for life.
7. The biggest and best news: I LOST TEN POUNDS! Celebrating!
Keep an eye out this weekend. I’m going to do an unprecedented Saturday post because Saturday is (drumroll please) My Birthday! I’ll have some exciting news for you then, too, so don’t miss out!