Good News (Finally)

Visitors at 777 Peppermint Place know I’ve spent most of the year worried about my mother. I spent the bulk of my time between November of 2010 and June 2011 at her house, and every subsequent month has been dominated by doctors.

This month was no different. We still had several back-to-back doctors appointments. Every one of them brought desperately needed good news–our light at the end of the tunnel. We’re closer, not there, but the light is brighter. One doctor even said we didn’t have to come back.

This doesn’t mean we’re through with the medical community. Not by a longshot. Since Mom has been sick most of the year, there has been little point in getting her eyes checked–illness always makes them worse. And the doc wouldn’t be able to get a good reading on her. So, next up is to get her vision checked for glasses, followed by checking the progress of her macular degeneration.

God is so good. Maybe he’ll have her well enough to actually enjoy the holidays when they come around this year. Maybe we can both enjoy them. It’s a little early to be thinking along these lines, but it could be we’re actually going to have a merry Christmas this year!

This entry was posted in Writing. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Good News (Finally)

1. Lynn Mosher says:

Oh, I’m so happy to hear your mom is doing better. I pray this will be a continuing trend and Christmas will indeed be merry!

2. joannesher says:

Praise God, Linda! Continuing to pray. I KNOW what it’s like to support someone healthwise long-term. Hang in there, dearie!

3. linda says:

Thank you both! It’s such a relief to have good news!

4. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise Jesus the Great Healer. Praises, praises, praises!

5. Alex Adena says:

That’s fantastic news, Linda. I hope it continues for both you and your mom!

6. Brad says:

So happy to it! That’s wonderful news!

7. That’s great news! Here’s to the day when *every* doctor says you don’t have to come back.

Thanks everyone! It’s such a relief for her to be on the mend. God is so good!

9. This wonderful news. I keep you and your mother in my prayers for continued good news and may your holidays be the best yet.