Connected!

After three weeks at Mom’s–not to mention the previous five weeks I spent here–I finally got smart and got internet for her house.

Wow. I can’t believe how far behind I am on everything! The Blackberry works great in a crunch, but it doesn’t play well with certain sites, and they’re the ones that have suffered from neglect. Especially one of the new ones I signed up for just before coming to Bryan, Authonomy. I’m not sure how effective this site is, but already several people have shown interest in Give the Lady a Ride without me being available to push it. Believe me, that was a pleasant surprise!

WordPress worked well on Blackberry, but I can’t believe how large the pictures were! I couldn’t do much about the size, so I’m glad everyone just put up with it.

Now that I’m connected, I hope to write in my blog more often. Okay, staying with a sick mother is highly likely to change the focus of my posts (I can’t look out the window and see the ducks like I can at home), but I’ll try to get back into the swing of things. After all, I said this site is eclectic. It all depends on what’s going on in my life at any given moment.

Right now, what’s going on is that Mom’s still sick. In fact, she picked up something new–the itchies. I have no idea where this came from, but just this morning she was clawing at her hands like a woman gone mad. It’s a deep itch, nothing on the surface, but deep in the tissue. Almost like shingles, but it doesn’t follow a nerve. It just crops up in different places, spreads for no apparent reason, drives her batty.  I called her hemotologist. Even though her blood transfusion was March 31, I thought maybe she’d had a reaction, but no. They said it would’ve happened within thirty minutes. I called her pharmacist. Mom has been off the Cipro and Flagyl (antibiotics) for seven days, and though these two cause itching, seven days is long enough to have them out of her system. Tomorrow, we have an appointment with her family physician and maybe we can put an end to this medical mystery. Meantime, all I can do is knock her out with Benedryl. She sleeps a lot these days.

So this is a good news, bad news post, worst news. The good news is, I’m connected. The bad news is, I’m still here. The worst news is, Mom’s still sick. Y’all keep us in your prayers, okay?

9 Responses to Connected!

1. Lynn Mosher says:

Yay! Boo! And triple boo! 😀

2. I will indeed keep both of you in my prayers.

3. Linda says:

Cecelia Marie–thanks! We need all the prayers we can get!

Lynne–you’re so funny!

Yuck. The itchies don’t sound like any kind of fun at all. I hope she gets over them quickly.

5. linda says:

Yeah, she’s pretty miserable. I can’t wait until something knocks those itchies out!

6. sheilaodomhollinghead says:

Will definitely keep you and your family in our prayers. At least she’s able to sleep!

7. Linda says:

Sheila–she does sleep! Last night, she told me she felt guilty for sleeping so much. “It doesn’t make your visit very pleasant,” she said. I’m afraid if this were just a visit, I would’ve stayed my customary week and left by now.

8. Lynne Walding says:

Praying for Dusty and you. Glad you’re back, though. Those itchies sound awful. I had something like that once on my leg. Then one night I had a terrible ache in my other leg. I slept with a heating pad between my legs to comfort the ache. It helped a little, but the miraculous thing was, it dried up the itchies. After having dealt with it for a week, it disappeared in one night. It’s worth a try.

9. Linda says:

Lynne, the area that itches expands every day. I wouldn’t know where to start with the tiny heating pad Mom has. The doctor ordered a cortisone cream for her, but he’s just as baffled as we are.

Thanks for your prayers!