Mom Update

Most of you know through my Facebook updates that I’m with my Mom, the queen of promotions. I told you she’d sold two of my books while getting a blood transfusion. Well, she sold another, just two days out of surgery. No joke–just get the morphine out of her system, and she’s at it again.

She’s having a rough time. This surgery had nothing to do with the blood transfusion, and neither has anything to do with the reason I’m here, the Ulcerative Colitis she was recently diagnosed with (although the transfusion did bring me here a week earlier than planned). I guess as her body ages and decides to fall apart, it doesn’t see the need to throw things at her one at a time.

Between taking care of her and running errands, I sometimes have time to do some work–not a lot on the internet, since she doesn’t get it. Reading and writing blog posts is a challenge on my Blackberry, but it’s not impossible, and thanks to one of my writing buddies, I’m now able to do other things on it, like play on Twitter occasionally. But I haven’t been able to follow through with many of my marketing plans yet. That’s okay, though. Like I said, Mom’s quite the saleslady!

I’ve also had time to read some. I just finished Rachel Hauck’s Dining with Joy. If you’d like to read it next, leave a comment and let me know, and I’ll draw a name from those who show interest. (If you don’t specifically mention it, I’ll assume you don’t want to be involved in the drawing.)

I hope to start posting regularly again, but if it doesn’t happen, y’all forgive me, okay?

This entry was posted in Personal and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Mom Update

1. Pegg Thomas says:

Give Mom a hug from me! So sorry she’s going through all this. God won’t give her, or you, more than you can handle. He promises us that. Rest there.

Thanks for entering my name in the drawing. Take the time you need with Mom first.

My copy of “Lady” will be here this week. I’m looking forward to it!

2. Betty Owens says:

Spending time with Mom is so much more important than anything else, including book sales. All in God’s time. Relax and enjoy your time with her. Please enter my name in the drawing. I love Rachel’s books!

3. I love your mom. Praying for her. And you.

I love Rachel, too. I’d love that book. And yours is in my to-read pile. I want time to savor it. πŸ™‚

Yeah, I think we’ll forgive you. πŸ˜‰ You’ve got more than plenty on your plate right now – and I have to admit that I don’t envy your having to read and post to blogs on your Blackberry. πŸ˜•

5. It’s so encouraging to see someone else devoted to the welfare of their parents. I remember last year when we went frequently to visit my stepfather Len during his last days. Not saying your mom will follow the same route, but the idea of spending time with an ailing relative is very precious indeed.

And of course, I will be praying for her recovery.

~ VT

6. I will continue to pray for you and your mother. Take heart and know, God is with you. Lean on Him. He will take care of the details along with the big stuff.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. The doctor said she may get to come home today, but he didn’t sound too sure. I guess we’ll see.

8. Lynne Walding says:

Thanks for posting a pic of your pretty mom. I like to put a face with a name. (And Hi, Mary. Keep up the good work of selling books. Maybe I can get you to help me. :-))

Please put me in the drawing, Linda. And don’t sweat the small stuff. Just keep being your sweet self and taking care of Mom.

Lynne–you’re so funny! Now that you have a face to go with the name, you have the name wrong! πŸ˜€

I’ll be sure to send Dusty your love!!!

10. V.V. Denman says:

I’m specifically mentioning “Dining with Joy” and sending a prayer up for your sweet mother. Have a good day, and get some rest.

Thanks for your prayers, and good luck in the drawing!