I’m Crabby

I’ve been up for four hours now, and I can’t shake it. This awful black mood I’m in. It doesn’t help that my internet service is funky or that Seesmic wasn’t working during one of the few times of the day I can play on Twitter. It doesn’t help that MSB chose to wake early and listen to Fox and CSpan all morning–trust me, that really doesn’t help. And it doesn’t help that he’s chatty when all I want is to be alone.

I remember some actress from back in the twenties who held a wilted hand to her tired, sad brow and begged, “Please, let me be. Leave me alone!” I can relate.

Most of this morning was spent trying to figure out what I was going to write for my Place today. I tried to come up with an animal story–by far my most popular posts, but that fell flat. Writing tips wouldn’t work primarily because I don’t plan to do tips here anymore. If words of wisdom pertaining to writing actually cross my mind again, I’ll save them for my other site, AuthorCulture. A devotional would’ve been good, but I doubt anyone would want to read about me crying toward the ceiling, “What is wrong with me?!”

So, I decided to just be honest. Today, I’m crabby. I’m in a mood. A big, black, ugly mood. And, before you ask, no. It’s not pms or menopause. I’m well over both. I’m just cranky.

And I think I’ve pinpointed why.

The kids went to Disneyland, and I’m stuck here.

16 Responses to I’m Crabby

1. praying that your day improves. That you find a peace and some alone time. Also praying that words flow freely from your fingers and your internet connection improves.

I’m sorry you’re cranky! I think sometimes just admitting I’m cranky for no good reason and not even trying to justify it or feel guilty about it helps. Some days are just meant to be gray. The sun will come again tomorrow.

3. Chris Solaas says:

I thought for sure it was going to be an ‘I wanna write, quit interrupting’ thing.

Yeah, I’d feel that way if I got left behind on a trip to the Mouse House.

I took my eldest daughter there for her Senior Trip (we homeschool) and you’ve given me some perspective on how my wife must have felt (and the kids too).

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I gotta go plan a family trip…

• pprmint777 says:

Chris, I was one sarcastic remark away from it being a “don’t interrupt me!” post. I just spun away from it in the nick of time.

But, yes–you owe your wife a trip. Hope y’all have a great time!

4. Kat Connolly says:

Oh Linda, I pray that your day will improve! But I’m still chuckling over your post.

• pprmint777 says:

Kat, with the mood I’m in, there is no other way but up, and I’ll be glad when I start climbing. But I’m glad you laughed. I love that response to my posts!

Those moods aren’t fun, trust me, I’ve had some doozies. It’s especially hard when we don’t have a good reason to be out of sorts.

When I feel that way, I just hang in there and as the day progresses, I usually pull out of the clouds and the sun shines on me once again.

Thanks for sharing your day. Talking is good medicine for a lot of things.

• pprmint777 says:

Shaddy, you’re right. This mood isn’t fun and I don’t have a good reason to be “out of sorts”–which is a really nice way of putting “nasty-minded, ticked-off pain in the keister,” which more accurately reflects how I feel.

But it’ll get better. MSB just went to work, I turned off the TV, the phone’s disconnected. Hey, I’m good for the rest of the day!

6. Duane Scott says:

Marriage is sleeping in the same bed with a cold spouse in a hot room.

I think your husband should’ve just left you alone. I do not like chatty people in the mornings. Go ahead, vent. I like it!

• pprmint777 says:

I usually get up several hours before him so I can have a peaceful morning. He does like to share with me everything that happened the day before–and I love that, just not before I’ve had my pot of coffee.

But I’m glad you like my venting. My mood isn’t much better this evening, so I wouldn’t mind venting some more . . .

7. Aww man. Now I’m cranky. Looking for my Minnie ears.

P.S. I’ve was miffed at having to stay home while my kids all went on vacation and DH studied for some dumb exam. Thing is. I was happy enough at home. I just wanted to know I could go if I wanted to.

• pprmint777 says:

Aw, don’t be cranky! Not on my account!

If you decide to go somewhere, come here. I’ll set up the spare bedroom for ya!

8. Nikole Hahn says:

Why didn’t you go? What maddness kept you here? :o) I would reccomend chocolate, pjs, a blanket, and your favorite chick flick with the door closed, locked and barracaded to the world.

• pprmint777 says:

I guess the madness that kept me here was a lack of funds. MSB and I are going to Indianapolis later this year. Two major trips would’ve really been stretching it. But my grandaugher is having a wonderful time!!!

Doesn’t mean I don’t want chocolate, though!