Three Red Bulls and Six More Hours

Sweet Annie, friend and author of Hope42Day, commented in my last post that she looked forward to hearing how my new job as a Port Yonder Press editor is going. Even though I’ve only been at it a couple of days, let me just say: It’s going great! Love my boss, love the piece she gave me to work on, love it’s author. There are very few folks on this planet who are lucky enough to love the work they do–and are able to do it when and where they want. I am truly blessed.

What is evident already, though, is that I must figure out how to get organized, how to allot a certain amount of time to each job I have (including the manuscripts I critique/edit aside from PYP)–and stick to that allotment! Although I did manage to get my The Cat Lady’s Secret entry ready for the ACFW Genesis Contest and off to some trusted critters, I haven’t worked on the manuscript since early last week. Yesterday, I spent time on everyone’s but my own. By the time I shut the last job down, I was too tuckered to spend time with the Cat Lady.

I’m sure PB was convinced she was helping when she woke me at three a.m. Convinced she intended to give me the extra time I need to have a truly productive day. And she did this selfless deed in spite of MSB’s threat to feature her as the main ingredient in grilled fajitas.  And I appreciate the thought. I may not have had the time or organizational skills required to get this post out had she not roused me that early.

Of course, the ultimate result is that I’m going to crash by six p.m. It’s S.O.P. Whenever I wake up that early, I also crash early, so it’s not like I’m getting that many extra hours–I’m just rearranging the ones I’ve got. Today, I’m including into my schedule time for helping MSB prepare a fajita recipe, just in case PB thinks she needs to be my alarm clock on a daily basis.

I’m not williing to give up on anything I’m doing–for myself or for others. So unless I’m going to make Red Bull my beverage of choice and work instead of sleep six hours a night, I’m going to have to figure this out.

This entry was posted in Personal and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Three Red Bulls and Six More Hours

You’ll get it figured out. It’s just a matter of learning to juggle!

Last time I juggled, I wound up cleaning egg yolk off the floor :p

But, yeah–that’s the only way to do it!

3. Walk says:

Three Red Bulls? That’s a bunch of bull(s). :>)

4. Sandra King says:

What great problems to have!! A cleaning lady is not a bad idea. 😉

5. Sally Bishop says:

You’ll be surprised, in a couple of months, how things have ironed themselves out and you’ve streamlined the process.

It’s the beginning of a new normal.

Grace and peace.

Thanks for the encouragement, Sally. “The beginning of a new normal.” Great way to put it!

7. Annie says:

WOW!! Up at 3 am and still going at 6 pm!!! I would have definitely crashed sooner!!! Just like all new things, you will get the hang of it and I bet time will become your friend. Thanks for posting about this!

Thanks, Annie. I know I’ll get the hang of it–esp. a couple of months from now when I don’t have other activities coming up. With the grandkids coming later this month and two trips next month, I’m doing the best I can to stay a step ahead so I won’t get behind!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )