So many prayers were answered, and Mom and I have much to be thankful for!
I was able to get Mom to the doctor yesterday instead of waiting until next week. I got to Bryan around noon, ate a quick lunch and rushed to the doctor’s office, arriving there around 1:15 or so. Since we were “squeezed in,” we didn’t get to see him until close to four. His worried face as he examined her had my heart icy with fear. He started talking about cancer returning after seventeen years and chemo and long life and don’t worry and you never know — and my head was spinning!
Mom very calmly announced that she would reject chemo. She didn’t want to spend her last days sick like Daddy did. I knew this was her position, and my mind started ripping through ideas of how to get her to move back with me.
The doctor ordered an MRI from a facility that didn’t have the “right kind” of MRI machine, so they settled for an ultrasound, so by five, Mom was getting gooed up for her ultrasound. The test proved inconclusive, but everyone–the tech who performed the test, doctor who interpretted it, and Mom’s oncologist believe it’s a displaced prosthesis.
In layman’s terms, it means her falsie slipped from its position.
Please excuse us while we giggle some more–as much from relief as from the doctor’s interpretation of the test.
She still has to have the MRI just as an extra precaution, but it was way after five by the time we learned the good news so there was no way to schedule it until today. Assuming everyone is right, and it’s nothing more than a slipped implant, Mom still has to make a decision–she’s still facing a surgery. It means more doctors, more hospital time (we’d both had our fill after last year), more recuperation time complete with its fears of hemoglobin drops, infection, pneumonia and so on.
But we’ll take that over the alternative any day.
Thanks for your prayers and support, everyone. Please keep us before the Lord just a bit longer, because we’ll need His guidance and strength for the next few weeks. I’ll keep you posted.