Hee-Hee!

Rope Your DreamI’m so excited, I could just collapse into a giggle-frenzy!

I recently cyber-met Monte Alkire on AuthorNation.com. Monte, whose screen name is “Dakota” (don’t you just love that?), is the  author of the self-help book Rope Your Dream and a champion team-roper. He has agreed to be a resource for me for Give the Lady a Ride‘s sequel. Bless his cowboy heart, he just extended the career of Frank Simmons, the sixty-eight year old star of whatever it is I’m going to name the book.

In Ride, Frank Simmons is a minor character. By the end of the book, I just couldn’t get enough of him. He’s wily, wise, funny, caring. He started his rodeo career bustin’ broncs, but since I’ve written him as a father figure, I thought his rodeo days were over.

But not so!

According to Monte, there are folks in their 70s and 80s who team rope! Any cowboy with a passion for rodeo can stay in and compete to their heart’s content!

This isn’t all I’ve learned from Monte so far. Let me share with you the blurb from his book:

Success is up to the individual. No one cares whether we succeed or fail; it’s up to us. Each individual defines success for himself or herself. Don’t let others influence your opinion of your success. You know what you want, you set the goal, and you assess the results.

I know what I want. I’ve set my goal. The results remain to be seen . . . but they’re gonna be great!

This entry was posted in Writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Hee-Hee!

1. Walk says:

Ok, you’ve gotten me roped into reading about Frank. Hurry and get that thing in print!

Thanks, Walk! Nice to know someone comfortable enough with his masculinity to read a romantic comedy!

I’m happy for you! Isn’t it amazing how things can fall into place once you get the ball rolling? You’ve created the momentum for success and now you’re reaping the benefits.

I love the blurb from Monte’s book. Thank you for sharing it.

I can’t wait to read Give the Lady a Ride. When do you expect it to be available to readers?

That’s great! Can’t wait to read this sequel-in-the-making. Hmm, Give the Man a Rope?

@Shaddy: I’m still editing it. My plans are to have it finished and on the road to publication by early summer. If I can’t find anyone who’ll publish it for me, I’ll do it myself. There’s more than one way to crack a nut!

If Monte checks in here, I’m sure he’ll appreciate your comments, too!

@Katie: Too funny–and not likely! Publishers usually like the titles in a series to play off of each other, so chances are I’ll have to change the name of Ride 😦 .

6. Annie says:

Sounds like a great book and a great person to talk with about the character you are writing about! Please keep us updated on your progress!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )